The totally transformed Carnival Sunrise arrived in Fort Lauderdale October 28, 2019 to launch a winter schedule of four- and five-day Caribbean and Bahamas cruises from Port Everglades.
It’s first voyage – a sold-out five-day cruise to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman – marks the first of nearly 40 departures aboard Carnival Sunrise from Fort Lauderdale in the 2019-20 season.
The ship’s inaugural call from Port Everglades was marked with a traditional maritime plaque exchange between Carnival Sunrise Captain Isidoro Renda and port officials as well as a reception and lunch for local dignitaries and travel agents.
Carnival Sunrise debuted earlier this year following an extensive $200 million renovation that is part of a fleetwide $2 billion ship enhancement program.
“Carnival Sunrise provides our guests with so many exciting new choices which combined with these attractive four- and five-day Caribbean and Bahamian cruises adds up to an unforgettable experience for guests of all ages,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “We’ve been sailing from Fort Lauderdale for many years and we are so honored to get such a warm reception from local officials as we kick off our winter schedule from Port Everglades.”
New features on Carnival Sunrise include:
- Casual F&B options: Poolside venues like Guy’s Burger Joint and Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse, in collaboration with Food Network star and longtime partner Guy Fieri, BlueIguana Cantina & Tequila Bar, RedFrog Rum Bar, as well as upgrades to the Lido Marketplace, an expanded ice cream station, the Java Blue coffee bar and 24-hour Pizzeria del Capitano
- Specialty dining: The Chef’s Table fine dining experience, the cocktail pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar, as well as Italian, sushi, and seafood options
- Shopping and Personal Care: A Cherry on Top sweet shop, Pixels photo gallery, expanded retail outlets, and renovated fitness and spa facilities
- Outdoor Decks and Attractions: A new water park with slides and a kiddie splash zone, a Serenity adults-only retreat, and a SportSquare recreation area with ropes course and mini golf
- Youth & Family Entertainment: Dedicated Camp Ocean, Circle “C” and Club O2 facilities hosting supervised children’s programming for kids 2-17, as well as an arcade
- Theater & Live Entertainment: The Punchliner Comedy Club in the new Limelight Lounge, Playlist Productions shows in the Liquid Lounge, live entertainment, deck parties, onboard programming, and the popular sing-along piano bar
- Staterooms and Suites: Two redesigned Captain’s Suites and updates to all staterooms
Carnival Sunrise’s Fort Lauderdale-based schedule includes four- and five-day cruises beginning Oct. 28, 2019. Four-day “long weekend” cruises will call at tropical ports like Half Moon Cay, Princess Cays, Grand Turk, and Nassau, while five-day cruises will visit seaside destinations in The Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Dominican Republic, and Grand Turk.
Following its Fort Lauderdale-based schedule, in May 2020, Carnival Sunrise will return to Norfolk and New York for the summer. The program includes five- and six-day cruises to The Bahamas from Norfolk as well as four-day “long weekend” cruises to Bermuda, and eight- to 12-day cruises to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Bermuda, Costa Rica, and Panama Canal from New York.
All of Carnival Sunrise’s sailings are open for reservations. To book a sailing, contact any travel agent or call 1-800-CARNIVAL.
About Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line, part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK), is “The World’s Most Popular Cruise Line®” with 26 ships operating two- to 16-day voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New England, Bermuda, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands. The line currently has three new ships scheduled for delivery – Carnival Panorama™ in 2019, Mardi Gras in 2020 and an as-yet-unnamed ship in 2022. Carnival Cruise Line is certified as a Great Place to Work.