Passport News
Photo Courtesy of Broward County Clerk of Courts

Passport News

Content Courtesy of Brenda D. Forman, Broward County Clerk of Courts

Did you know? Any person traveling outside the United States needs a passport to reenter the country (including those traveling to Canada, Bermuda and the Caribbean). In order to apply for a new passport book/card, you must:

  • Complete Form DS-11
    • You must be able to answer “yes” to one of the following questions:
      • Are you applying for the first time?
      • Was your previous U.S. passport lost, stolen, or damaged?
      • Is your previous passport expired and issued over 15 years ago?
      • Is your previous passport expired and was issued when you were under the age of 16?
      • Has your name changed since your passport was originally issued and you don’t have legal proof of the change?
  • Appear in person (this includes minors)
  • Submit Evidence of US citizenship and a photocopy of the front (and back, if there is printed information)
  • Supply original Proof of Identity and photocopy of identification (front & back)
  • Provide one passport photo
  • Social Security Number is required (not the actual card)

All of the Clerk’s offices are equipped to provide photo services, but if you choose to bring your own photos, you must follow the requirements for passport photos. Passport services are available Monday through Friday from 8:00AM to 4:30PM at the following courthouse locations:

201 SE 6th Street, Room 01160, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301 

1600 West Hillsboro Boulevard, Room 160, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

3550 Hollywood Boulevard, Room 160, Hollywood, FL 33021

100 North Pine Island Road, Room 180, Plantation, FL 33324

A few times throughout the year, we host a “Passport Day” on a Saturday. Please check our page at periodically for future announcements about upcoming dates, as well as other clerk related news of interest to the community.

For additional information about passport renewals, passports for minors, and passport fees and costs, please visit and click on the “Passports” tab.

Close Menu